For this assignment we had to create a fully fledged factual program with full pre-production and planning, this planning took place over the three weeks prior to the filming of the show, my job role for pre-production was to write a review for the new Power Rangers movie, this task was not as easy as it sounds as I had to take a neutral stand point on a film that I really enjoy. I started by taking apart my favourite parts of the film as well as part that I didn't like, these quickly formed into the base of the review, I was able to use these to highlight the strong and weak points of the film. The review was coupled by some footage from the Power Rangers trailer which made the review more exciting rather than just being read out from a script.

During the show I was in charge of the lighting, I had to ensure that the light levels on the set fit the mood and also allowed the hosts to be seen clearly by the camera and as consequence the audience, this role was tedious as it only had a small piece of action and then lost its charm quickly as it became repetitive and I quickly became bored and started to lose concentration, however the show itself went reasonably well, everyone knew their job roles and everyone worked together to push through the difficulties that we where faced with when creating the show.

However we did face quite a few difficulties in filming, our footage for our ident did not work, and some of our clips had not rendered correctly, leaving random clips playing off screen adding, however there was only a few mistakes overall so the show went ok, whilst we could of been more organised the show was overall a reasonable success however, we should of prepared the script earlier and chosen our hosts more wisely as they were not familiar with the script and this caused them to stumble over their words in places, confidence was also an issue as some did not look the part of a reviewer whilst others voiced opinions on subjects they did not understand, unraveling the review show as a whole.
No comments:
Post a Comment